Books I Review;;
- Young Adult - Books for ages 13 to 20. Contains G to PG -13 rated content. I mostly review this.
- Middle Grade - Books for ages 10-13. Contains G to PG -13 rated content. I rarely review this, but I don't mind them.
- College Books - Books that deal with college -obviously. This includes tips, how-tos, guides, and etc. I haven't reviewed any of this subject, but I'm hoping to start it soon.
Movies I Review;;
- Anything G to PG-13 rated. I will occasionally watch and R rated film, but it depends on why it's rated R. Reviews of R rated films will contain a warning at the top.
Genres I Review;;
- Authors such as; Lauren Oliver, Sarah Dessen
- This includes Medieval, Modern/Urban, Sci-Fi, and Paranormal.
- Examples include; Eragon by Christopher Paolini (Medieval Fantasy)
- Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (Modern/Urban)
- Dragon Riders of Pern by Anne McCaffrey (Sci-Fi)
- The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff (Paranormal)
- Historical Fiction
- Examples include; Nobody's Princess by Esther M. Friesner, and Cate of the Lost Colony by Lisa M. Klein
- Action* - i.e. Iron Man, The Dark Knight
- Adventure* i.e. Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones
- Comedy i.e. The Proposal
- Chick Flicks i.e. P.S. I Love You, The Bridesmaid
- Historical/Period Flims* i.e. The Young Victoria, Elizabeth
- Family Films i.e. Planet 51, Tangled
This list consists of genres that I do not read/watch or review.
- Adult Books (I do read James Patterson occasionally, and Dan Brown. Books along this lines may be acceptable, though I will most likely decline.)
- Religious (I am religious, but I'm keeping a neutral blog here.)
- Graphic Novels
- Strictly Romance (I don't read those books with water sprayed chests on the cover, or suggestive images and I don't watch movies that practically take place in the bed.)
- Horror Films (I may do something horror-ish, but not guts-flying-and-blood-spraying-everywhere films.)
- I am open to accepting finished books and ARCS for review.
- I do not accept e-books, for the most part. This may change.
- I am not compensated for any of my reviews for books, movies, or otherwise.
- I may post spoilers in my reviews, but they will contain a warning shortly before the spoiler appears. If you wish for no spoilers, please say so.
- I write HONEST reviews. This means that you have every chance of receiving a ONE spork rating just as you do of a FIVE spork rating. Each rating entails certain verbiage to describe why I felt the book received it.
- I will review books in series, but only in order. If you have a book in a series that isn't the first; message me. I may have read the previous book(s).
- Expect up to a TWO MONTH delay in reviews. I am very busy and if I do not latch onto the story right away, it may take me awhile to finish reading it. Additionally .....
- I may not finish a book. I will always try my best to finish a book, but if it's not feasible, I will not pursue it. It will receive a rating equivalent to what I have read or simply an NF.
If you're interested in a review, interview, guest post, or giveaway, please contact me. Any questions? Contact me.
spazzydragon13 [at] yahoo [dot] com