Monday, February 14, 2011

Count of Monte Cristo

So, I've been wanting to watch this movie, The Count of Monte Cristo... I first saw it on Netflix about four or five months ago, and added it to my Queue. Well, now I finally watched it! :D




In this beautifully photographed rekindling of the classic Alexandre Dumas story. Edmond Dantés's (Jim Caviezel) life and plans to marry the beautiful Mercedes (Dagmara Dominczyk) are shattered when his best friend, Fernand (Guy Pearce), deceives him. After spending 13 miserable years in prison, Dantés escapes with the help of a fellow inmate (Richard Harris) and plots his revenge, cleverly insinuating himself into the French nobility.
This was one pretty good movie. LOVED the action, and I actually liked the guy they chose to be the ''bad'' guy. (He sorta made me think of Goblin Jr. in Spiderman 2 or 3 )

Edmond was an awesome character and they cast him well. Plus, it had a really solid plot. It wasn't just a fluff movie. Far from it actually, since they also weren't afraid to show how life was like in prisons back then. Pretty interesting.

So, I don't want to give much away besides that there's cute guys and sword fighting. How 'bout that for enticing? ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to the Spork Master or her Sporks? Write it here! We love to hear from other people.