Friday, March 4, 2011

American Idol

Scotty McCreery - American Idol Top 24
American Idol. That hot, hip, talent seeking tv show. It's been running for 10, 11 years. I've watched it for about 6, that I can remember. I stopped watching it when Adam Lambert lost to Kris Allen. (Yes, Kris can play the guitar nicely and can sing okay. But he's far from Idol talent. Lambert owned. End of story.)

Season 10 has started, as I've been told by my loyal Idol-er; my mother. She likes the show, despite it's major let downs. So, the other night, she DVRed the Top 12 guys' performances and wanted to show me three of them. I moaned, I GROANED, and I whined. "Whhyyy?! I don't even like the cliche songs." "I've heard enough Hero to last my lifetime!"
Anyway, she wanted to show me three guys; a rocker dude who has turrets and stutters. However, he has none of that when performing. I had to admit,  that was pretty cool. He can sing too, but he's not my favourite. Then there was a gospel singer; the dude has some pipes. Definately not my favourite though.

Then on came, Scotty McCreery. She was fast forwarding to his part, and sorta went past him and I was like, "OOO. Now, he's cute. Who is he!?" Turns out, that's the other guy she wanted to show me. He's got the most adorable face, and I could swoon for him. And then he spoke...Oh my gosh, his voice. It was beautiful. Deep and clear. Gosh, he was amazing. If he was at my high school, I'd have a huge crush on him.

Anyway, he performs the Country song, "Letters from Home" by John Michael Montgomery. I was raised on Country music, and I like it. I don't listen to it all the time, but I don't mind it every now and again. I was in the mood for it luckily, when Scotty performed.
Good Lord, I wish I had heard it the night of the show, beacause I would have voted.

So, to say that I now have a new celeb. guy to squeel over, would put it mildly. I mean, c'mon...just look at 'im! :D (And I really hope he performs a Josh Turner song!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to the Spork Master or her Sporks? Write it here! We love to hear from other people.