Monday, November 21, 2011

Review: The Iron Daughter

 
Title:The Iron Daughter
Author:Julie Kagawa
Publisher:HarlequinTEEN
Release Date: August 1st 2010
Format: Paperback (Bought)
The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey, #2)Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.
This book...

Oh my gosh...

Its...so...AMAZING.

Usually sequels are not nearly as great as the first book, but this is one exception to that rule. The Iron Daughter was two times better than The Iron King! I love (and hate! Yes, hate!) this book so much that I don't know where to start.

Okay, lets go with what I love. One word: Puck. Puck is back! The amazingly hot jokester is back and I squealed with joy when he appeared. He re-enters the story just in time to save Ash and Meghan's hides and he does it with style. He was also what made me start laughing while I read the book. (My classmates can attest to that. I'd burst out laughing in the middle of class...)

Second thing I love: PLOT. If you've read my reviews in the past, good plots are the number one thing I look for in the story. Puck and his amazingness alone will not even persuade me to like a book if it has a bad plot. That being said, The Iron Daughter's plot is well executed and keeps you on the edge of your seat during the whole ride...er, read. So many twists!

I also love how Julie Kagawa keeps expanding the world in the book and makes it come to life before your very eyes. This is one book you don't want to read before you go to bed, because you'll stay up thinking about it!

Now...what do I hate? The ending. This is no fault of the author's. It's only the fault of my heart..because I hate Meghan now.

[MAJOR SPOILER!]

She freaking left Puck behind! When Ash was banished from the Nevernever, and she tried to go after her, Oberon warned her that she too would be banished forever isf she walked through that trod after Ash. Puck finally broke down and pleaded with her to stay. To stay with /him/! What did she do!? She walked out of Nevernever without so much of a look back at Puck. Cold hearted little peri! I was so upset at that book that I just let loose and ranted on my nearest friend. Puck is destined to be alone forever!

[END SPOILER.]

So yeah. THAT'S why I have a love-hate relationship with this book. If you haven't read it yet...DO IT. Its amazing.

I gave it FIVE out of FIVE sporks

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this series, one of my favorite of all time! I'm glad you liked it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to the Spork Master or her Sporks? Write it here! We love to hear from other people.