Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Reading

Hey there. So one of my favourite things to do is, read. I love books, old or new, and I love to read them.

Right now, I'm reading the first Lord of the Rings book, The Fellowship of the Ring. I've already read The Hobbit twice before, and I'm glad that I started with that. It helps a lot with making sense of this book. However, The Fellowship of the Ring is so much more interesting than The Hobbit was. 
Anyway, I've always wanted to read the series, so I've started. I'm on page 245 of 458, and it's right at a climax. The things I enjoy most of this book, are the poems every now and then.On of my favourite ones is this;

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be King."
I love that poem so much that I'm writing it with my calligraphy pen in a pretty type. I hope I can frame it later. =] I also love Aragorn, so far, and that poem seems to be about him as well. I'm really interested to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to the Spork Master or her Sporks? Write it here! We love to hear from other people.