Monday, July 11, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-thon: IB Book Blogging Mini Challenge

Once Upon a Read-a-ThonIB Book Blogging

Mini Challenge Question 1:
What is your favorite type of myth (Greek, Roman, Egyptian etc)?

Oh, this is hard. Roman isn't close to being one of my favourites, but Greek and Egyptian are. I'm well versed in both Greek and Egyptian mythology and I love learning more about both. However, when reading about them in YA novels and such, I'd prefer Greek mythology. Egyptian is wonderful, but it doesn't always make a good story.


However, if the King Arthur/Camelot myth counts, I would choose that hands down.


Mini Challenge Question 2:
What is your favorite book with some type of mythology in it?


Hmm. There's only one Greek mythology book I can remember reading and that was Nobody's Princess. I didn't care much for it, so it's not a favourite. The two that I can remember being fav.s are The Egyptian Game and Mara, Daughter of the Nile. The Egyptian Game I read in middle school and I was mesmerized by it. Mara, Daughter of the Nile I read as a Freshman in High School, and I loved it. It was more a romance/adventure story but it still had some mythology in it.


And, yet again, if the King Arthur/Camelot myth counts, I'd choose The Once and Future King by T.H. White as my favourite book with mythology in it.

__________________________________
If you're participating in the Once Upon a Read-a-thon, head here to do this mini-challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to the Spork Master or her Sporks? Write it here! We love to hear from other people.