Friday, April 27, 2012

Follow Friday (14)


 
Gain New Blog FollowersIt's Follow Friday time again! Woo! Anyway... This week's feature is Little Read Riding Hood (@ Alison Can Read) and 
Book that Thing!(@ Parajunkee)! Go check' em out. :D



Now for the question...





Q: Have you had a character that disappointed you? One that you fell in love with and then "broke up" with later on in either the series or a stand-alone book? Tell us about him or her.


   Oh yes. Oooooh yes. Immediately,  a book came to mind and the certain character from it. Now, please don't hate me or tell me how horrible I am... (I mean, you can, but that would hurt my feelers.)

   For me, it was Katniss Everdeen from the ever-popular series, The Hunger Games. When I started reading the series, I loved Katniss. She was kick-a**, but not rude. She was tough, but not insensitive. She could handle herself, take care of her family, and still not break under pressure. I loved her. In Catching Fire, I loved her even more. I can't say I understand why she does get so gushy sometimes, given who she was set up to be, but oh well.
   However, when I started Mockingjay, I immediately thought, "Wait. Where's my Katniss?" In that third book, Katniss wasn't so up to being kick-a**, tough, and taking care of others. In fact, she broke under pressure and she was super sensitive. She didn't want to get back out there and DO SOMETHING. Instead, she let herself be the emblem of the rebellion. She could have been both and have done wonderfully. We all know it was in her, she just gave up. The whole mental problem from her injury may have factored into it, but I don't think that was the root of this. I think she changed because Suzanne Collins wanted her to, or she changed because there was this huge flaw in her character that Collins didn't show us earlier. And that, IMHO, is chicken poo. Sorry, but I'm pretty touchy about this subject. I just loved Katniss so much, and then Mockingjay happened.
(Also, Gale fits into this disappointment too. I loved Gale but then I was like, "Who are you!?". However, he didn't bother me as much as Katniss.)

Anybody feel the same or have some way explaining to me about what happened to Katniss (with a legit reason)?
 Because I would love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to the Spork Master or her Sporks? Write it here! We love to hear from other people.