Monday, January 30, 2012

Review: Catching Fire

 
Title: Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
Author: Suzanne Collines
Publisher: Scholastic
Release Date:   September 1st, 2009
Format: Hardback (Bought)
Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster children for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol...








It's taken me a long time to get my hands on a copy of the second book, but I am really glad I did. I loved this book, even if some of the thrill of the first one didn't fully transfer to this one.

Catching Fire
takes us through a new adventure but with the Katniss we love and the Peeta we adore. Those two are thrown into all new perils as the Capitol wei'ghs down on them. It's the year of the Quarter Quells and that only spells trouble for them. When they're subjected to their new fate, I could only groan.

However, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was another brilliant masterpiece and it's definitely among my favourite. The ending was great and I knew that it meant
Mockingjay was going to be another thrill ride.



There's just one thing I don't like....the love triangle. Katniss infuriates me. Just choose one! I also dislike love triangles in general. They're ridiculous.

So, if you haven't caught onto the wagon yet for this series, I'd highly advise that you do. 


I gave it FIVE out of FIVE sporks!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to the Spork Master or her Sporks? Write it here! We love to hear from other people.