Monday, January 9, 2012

Review: The Iron Queen

 
Title:The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Release Date:  January 25th 2011
Format: Paperback (Given)
The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3)

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.
 


This book doesn't deserve five stars. It deserves five bajillion stars.

The Iron Queen is the third installment into the Iron Fey series and is by far the most riveting book of it so far. It pulled at my heart-strings the whole time and I still enjoyed it!

I started out as a Team Puck fan, and so far I still am. However, I've started to feel pretty bad for Ash. Now, being on Team Puck here, this book is not going to make us Goodfellow fans any happier. In fact, it just takes our wishes and squishes them, and twists them, and stabs them. BUT (There is always a but.), in the end, I don't think anyone can help but feel sad for Ash. AND THEN PUCK. In the end, Puck shows his true emotions as much as anyone will probably ever see again. It made me want to cry.

On a more technical note, the plot was gripping, the characters were just amazing as ever(!!!), and the scenery never failed to amaze...I think that' s just Kagawa's infallible talent for writing. I can't wait for the fourth, and last, book either. I can't believe it will be the last! This is definitely a series I want to continue forever, because I just absolutely love the characters and the world and /everything/. (I mean, how many people walk around with hand drawn pics of Puck on their binders, or walk around pointing at a raven in a tree saying that it's Puck come to take me to Faery!? I know I do) If this series becomes as famous as the Lord of the Rings series, I swear I'd be the master of the Puck-dom. THAT is how much I love this series, and I swear you will too. Even if you go Team Ash.

So, if you need something new to read, or if you have so many books to read that you're simply drowning in them...read this NOW. Read the series, and you won't regret it.


I gave it FIVE out of FIVE stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to the Spork Master or her Sporks? Write it here! We love to hear from other people.