Thursday, January 26, 2012

Review: One Day

 
Title: One Day (Movie)
Director: Lone Scherfig
Stars: Anne Hathaway, Jim Sturgess
Release Date:  19 August 2011
Viewed: Netflix
One Day

After a romantic tryst on college graduation night, Emma and Dexter pursue separate dreams. This romantic drama based on a novel of the same name checks in with them each year on the same date, tracking their personal and professional progress.














This movie was based off of David Nicholl's book, One Day, and it received some pretty good reviews so I thought I'd give it a shot.


I'm just going to cut directly to the point and say that it was not at all what I expected. The first 99% of it was great! I loved the movie! Anne Hathaway played a character that I could easily relate to, mostly because she had, at one brief moment, a relationship with her friend that was very similar to my old best friend. Then it divereted and became a good love story. It had it's rough patches, and it had its good ones.


Then...then the story turned upside down and I nearly cried. I can't say what happens without giving away the obviously most impacting part of the movie, but I really want to. All I can say is that, if you're looking for a happy romance/love story or chick-flick...this is not it. Go watch Leap Year (which will be reviewed later) or Julie & Julia. This will pull at your heartstrings big time.


I gave it THREE out of FIVE Sporks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to the Spork Master or her Sporks? Write it here! We love to hear from other people.