Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Review: City of Glass

 
Title: City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3)
Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Release Date:March 24th 2009
Format: Hardback (Library)
City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost?
The Mortal Instruments series is a series where each book is better than the last. City of Glass was the best book of the series, by a long shot, and I loved it!

The action reaches the ultimate climax in this book; relationships push the boundaries, the plot becomes more in depth. Its just amazing. I was able to figure out who Sebastian was but I wouldn't make that call the book predictable. You just really have to pay attention to all the fine little details. As for Jace and Clary...I knew it from book one. Just sayin!

The plot has to be one of the best I've read. Valentine isn't the ultimate bad guy of all stories, but he is pretty bad...why? Because he doesn't even see it. It's the shaping of the characters that Cassandra Clare did that made him (and everyone else) so...enjoyable, for the lack of a better term.

This book definitely rivals some of my all time favourites, and I'd proudly put it on my shelf next to my Harry Potters. So, that being said (And I tried really hard not to give too much away. It's just SO hard not to, because I love this book so much.), I really enjoyed reading the third book of The Mortal Instruments series and I can't wait to get my hands on the fourth. 


I gave it FIVE out of FIVE sporks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to the Spork Master or her Sporks? Write it here! We love to hear from other people.